Regional Account Manager - American Highways Insurance Agency
Direct sales and service of National Interstate Insurance Company lines of insurance products within a defined marketing territory. Performance is measured by sales results and by achieving high customer service standards.
- Prospect potential clients within an assigned territory by identifying prospects through leads provided by National Interstate's broker marketing department, EZ Search Database, networking current clients, and conducting internet research in an effort to develop new commission revenue.
- Make cold calls to establish in-person appointments in order to present current product offerings and achieve production goals.
- Travel a minimum of ten (10) working days per month to build business relationships with both current clients and prospects.
- Serve as an expert resource to prospects and clients regarding their insurance needs. This includes:
- Providing service to existing clients by understanding their specific insurance needs and business activities in order to retain their business upon policy renewal.
- Captive product knowledge.
- Understanding the specific insurance needs of prospects, gathering documentation needed to obtain a quite, and preparing insurance applications for various lines of Property and Casualty coverage and product providers.
- Understanding risk management basics such as accident event recorders, CSA scores, and industry best practices.
- Present insurance quotes in a professional manner for new and renewal business.
- Prepare monthly reports addressing objectives for renewal retention, new business submissions, new business production, pipeline of accounts, and a target account list.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three (3) years commercial insurance sales experience or equivalent work experience.
- Must have Ohio Property and Casualty license within 30 days of the employment date.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as insurance policies, contracts, and financial statements.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a small group and in one-on-one settings with the financial decision makers of a business.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must have strong analytical, verbal, and reasoning skills.
- Continuously involves reading of insurance policies and analyzing financial documents required for an insurer's application for coverage.
- Full-time position offering a base salary plus commission.
- Travel Requirements: More than 55 days per year.
Reports To: General Manager of American Highways
Job Level: S3
Number of Openings: 2
|Submit Your Resume|