Develop software testing protocols and oversee the execution of test plans. Responsibilities include supervising test technicians.
- Develop functional, load and performance test plans to support the implementation of software applications.
- Develop test procedures and protocol for web based applications.
- Oversee test case development and execution of testing for large projects.
- Evaluate, recommend and manage test environments and automated testing tools.
- Analyze and report test results to project manager and information technology staff.
- Perform technical investigations to assist in resolving complex problems.
- Supervise, train, and develop test technicians. Monitor subordinate work to ensure accuracy and to measure performance. Review objectives and performance no less than on a monthly basis with each team member. Enforce and adhere to company policies, relying on coaching and assistance from HR.
- Participate in project-wide reviews of requirements and detailed design documents.
- Provide technical advice to business owners and IT staff.
- Assist implementation manager with facilitating elevation meetings, elevation documentation, specification review and final project approval.
- Support Sarbanes-Oxley compliance activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or software engineering is required.
- Minimum four years of work experience within a business environment required.
- Leadership experience in a work setting is desired.
- Certification of testing tools, testing skills and/or project management is helpful but not required.
- Directly supervises assigned personnel in Quality Assurance.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with a team orientation.
- Programming experience is required.
- Familiarity of browser-based application architecture including operating systems, servers, networking, clients and browsers is required.
- Working knowledge in PC databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Insurance processing system knowledge is desired.
- Must be able to design and articulate test plans from written specification, gather test data, execute systematic tests and produce written results of findings.
- Involves consistent use of a computer.
- Travel Requirements: 1-10%
Reports To: Systems Technology Manager
Job Level: 8
Number of Openings: 1
|Submit Your Resume|