Commercial Lines Support Representative
Provide overall general administrative support to various departments, including Underwriting, Alternative Products, Loss Control and the various Marketing divisions. This specifically involves representing the department in all forms of internal and external communications, including handling mail, emails, faxes, and maintaining file correspondence and other important records.
- Handle media review/distribution/preparation:
-Routing all incoming department communication, including phone calls, mail and emails
-Opening/picking-up and routing incoming faxes and emails, and answering routine and assigned correspondence
-Prepare outgoing mail and correspondence, including emails, mail and faxes.
-Handle conference arrangements:
-Assembling documents and name tags
-Ordering, set up/clean up, reviewing and processing food vendor invoices
-Assuring audio/visual equipment is in place
-RSVP documentation & arranging transportation for guests
-Set up web-conference calls
- Assist with administrative duties for the Agency Marketing Manager and Media Relations Specialist positions:
-Producing letters or other documents
-Preparing packages with promotional items
-Tracking currier costs for departments
- Technical support for Marketing and Underwriting:
- Document preparation and data entry of new and renewed account policies into various systems
- Requesting endorsement changes to policies
- Requesting & obtaining proper documentation of insured fuel tax charges and agent insurance documentation
- Retrieving/sending loss history to insureds & agents
- Updating systems with revised information
- Providing direction to Marketing and/or Underwriting on Tech Support procedures
- Producing Certificates of Insurance
- Setting up new accounts and/or broker codes in system
- Request State/Federal filings
- Preparing supply orders
- Organize and maintain the department file system, and file correspondence and other records.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by the supervisor
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 1-2 years prior office experience preferred.
- Insurance background a plus, but not required.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- PowerPoint a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of copy, printer and fax machine usage.
- Minimum keystroke requirement: 40 WPM.
- Ability to multi-task as this position may support several projects or departments at any time.
- Lifts and moves 10-15 pound policy and/or underwriting file boxes for prepping and scanning for permanent archiving, but does so only approximately 21-40% of the working year (seldom frequency).
Reports To: Commercial Lines Support Supervisor
Job Level: 2
Number of Openings: 1
|Submit Your Resume|